>GET are hosting another 3D Stimulus Day event – 9th April
A recap about the event, which is an awesome free art and networking event –
Location: Mt. Ida, Newton, MA
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Presentations this year include:
- Chad Moore of Turbine and Rigging Dojo, with Job Hunting Tips for 3D Artists
- Alex Schwartz and Yilmaz Kiymaz of Owlchemy Labs, presenting Mixing 2D and 3D in Unity
- A panel-discussion with various tech artists from local game companies, mediated by Chad Moore
- Ryan Griffin, Senior Character TD, Turbine
- Elliott Mitchell, Vermont Digital Arts
- Brandon Bateman, Senior Tech Artist, Turbine
- Farley Chery, Instructor, ITT Institute and Bunker Hill Community College
- Justin Woodard, Technical Artist, Turbine
- Willem Van Der Schyf, Tencent Boston, presenting his Workflow for Character Creation using Max & ZBrush
- Afternoon networking session upstairs with demos from local individuals and companies including Brass Monkey, Vermont Digital Arts, Owlchemy Labs, 3d Camera Technology, Mocap with Kinect and Motion Builder and lots more!!!
Adding to this, The Boston Post Mortem are having a meet up on the 13th April and will be talking about Game Law Hot Topics.
This should be a great, interesting meet up too.